Easy Tasty Bites
New Year‘s Eve bashes! New Year’s Day football frenzies! Fun times, friends, family and fellowship! And wouldn’t you know it. Your guests want food! Not just chips, cheese balls and onion dip either. They want deliciously tasty bites. You want EASY. Feed ’em what they want AND make it easy on yourself while you’re at it. So I’m here to help you with these five recipes for tasty, sure to satisfy, easy to make bites. SCORE! and WIN!
HOT SEAFOOD DIP
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I prefer Miracle Whip)
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 8 oz crabmeat (chopped or flaked)
- 8 oz shrimp (deveined and chopped)
- 4 tablespoons minced onion (green onion works well)
- 1 tablespoon chives (optional)
- ¾ C shredded cheddar cheese
- Slivered, sliced or chopped almonds for a crunchy garnish
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
In a medium mixing bow, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Add in lemon juice, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce, mixing to incorporate.
Stir in crabmeat, shrimp, minced green onion, chives,and cheddar cheese. Blend well. Spoon mixture into an appropriately sized oven-proof dish sprayed with cooking oil.
Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Top with almonds to garnish.
Serve with crackers of your choice, tortilla chips, pita chips, pretzels, or slices of rye or pumpernickel bread.
NOTE: For a spicier dip, add addtional Tabasco sauce.
- 1 lb pepperoni (diced), sausage (cooked & crumbled), or ground beef (cooked & crumbled) ….Or a mixture of these
- 24 oz. pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
*Optional additional filling ingredients: sliced olives, chopped onions, green peppers, mushrooms, or spinach (drained well if frozen kind)
Preheat oven to 375. Press biscuits into the bottom & up the sides of muffin pans sprayed with non-stick spray.
Brown the ground beef and/or sausage. Stir in the pizza sauce and any additional filling ingredients of choice.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling mixture into the center of each cup. Bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 2 pkgs. Frozen chopped spinach (cooked & drained)
- ¾ C melted butter
- 2 C packaged stuffing mix
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. season salt
Mix all ingredients together. Let cool. Shape into balls and freeze. Remove from freezer, place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes.
TEMPTING TENNESSEE HAM DIP
- 1 round loaf of bread for bowl (Italian, Rye, Pumpernickel or Hawaiian bread)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped
- 4 ounces green chilies, drained and diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- Crackers, melba toast, corn chips, tortilla chips or scoops, bread pieces, etc. for dipping
Slice off the top of the loaf and scoop out the inside of the bread, leaving about 1/2 – 1 inch of crust/bread for. (Reserve for dipping).
Blend cream cheese and sour cream with mixer until smoothh. Add cheddar cheese, ham, chilies, and onion, blending well. Spoon mixture into loaf.
Replace the top of the loaf and wrap well in aluminum foil.
Bake at 400* for 1 hour, opening the aluminum foil for the last 10-15 minutes if you want a firmer crust.
Unwrap loaf carefully, remove top and serve with reserved bread and dipping options.
SUGAR & SPICE DIP
- 16 oz jar marshmallow cream
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz. vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (may substitute w/lemon juice)
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Mix all ingredients with a mixer until smooth and fluffy.
Transfer to serving dish. Chill for several hours or overnight. Serve with fresh fruit, vegetables, plain cookies, crackers
NOTE: For an interesting serving option, use a pineapple, coconut, grapefruit, or melon for a serving bowl.
Enjoy every moment of making memories in your at home world.
Posted on December 28, 2012, in At Home Recipes, The Real Meal Deal, Uncategorized and tagged Appetizers, Dip, Easy, Food, Holiday, Hor d'oeuvres, New Year's, Party. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.